Rutas Accesibles por Córdoba, offers routes through Córdoba, World Heritage City, to know this enigmatic and beautiful city in an inclusive way, to all those who want to discover it. Accompanied by Historians, Official Guides and Interpreters of Heritage and Inclusive Tourism. Enjoyable, fun and entertaining routes. Routes for everyone. The best way to know Cordoba, Accessible Routes around Cordoba. We are waiting for you!
Guided cultural tours of Cordoba
Rutas Accesibles por Córdoba is a company dedicated to offer guided cultural routes through the city of Córdoba to make known this enigmatic and beautiful city, a World Heritage Site, to all those who want to broaden their culture and know the tourist sites of the city.
All tours are accompanied by Official Guides and Interpreters of Heritage and Inclusive Tourism, and there is the possibility of making the guided tour in a language other than Spanish. Leading tourism company that ensures professionalism and commitment to customers.
Rutas Accesible Córdoba has multiple routes organized for groups, couples or people who appreciate the cultural world. We provide more information about some of them (the prices of each route are available on the company’s website):
- Tour of a temple that has more than 1500 years of construction. Germ and origin of the Hispano-Muslim art, where the art of Rome and Byzantium converge. On this route you will have the opportunity to get into all the past stories of princes, caliphs, kings, emperors and bishops, who left their mark on the unique temple, both for Muslims and Christians.
- The tour lasts 75 minutes. It is available all year round, from Monday to Saturday, 12:15 (English-Spanish) 14:00 Italian. The meeting point is inside the Patio de los Naranjos, next to the Tower, you will find a companion with a white umbrella. Small groups are recommended for this tour.
Monumental Córdoba Route
- On this route you will be lucky enough to discover Cordoba as no one could ever tell you. More than 2000 years of history, conspiracies, stories of the time, typical behaviors, executions, battles… You will visit sites such as the Aljama Mosque, the Alcazar of the Christian Kings, the Jewish Quarter, the Synagogue.
- The route has a duration of 3 hours. Available in winter (September 16 to June 16) from Tuesday to Friday 16:00. Saturdays 9:45 am. Summer (June 17 to September 15) from Tuesday to Saturday 9:45 am. The meeting point is at the door of the Tower of the Cathedral Mosque, you will find a companion with a white umbrella.
- In this wonderful route you will feel the essence of the Sephardic Cordoba, a time of Jewish neighbors walking the streets before their expulsion in 1492. You will visit places such as the Synagogue, Zoco, Maimonides…
- The tour lasts 45 minutes. Available all year round, from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:15 am. The meeting point is at the Puerta Baños Califales, you will find a companion with a white umbrella.
- Route with tour of the Jewish quarter, one of the largest, largest and best preserved Jewish quarters in Europe, where one of the most painful events of the Sephardim took place, which years later would end with their expulsion. It offers the visit to places like Zoco, Maimonides, Synagogue… As a strong point of the visit, it will end in one of the most important and admired monuments in the whole world; the Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba.
- The tour lasts 2 hours and 15 minutes. Available all year round, from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:15 am. The meeting point is at the Puerta Baños Califales, you will find a companion with a white umbrella.
One of the most famous routes of the city, where the weather accompanies every year. From the last weekend of February, Cordoba opens its doors as if it were a flower, shedding light, color and aromas throughout its streets, squares and courtyards, which can’t be seen behind simple white walls, where each square or house offers its courtyards for the enjoyment of visitors. There are several routes of the Patios:
- Patios del Alcázar: for spring: February 23 to July 4. Autumn: September 10 to December 20. Mornings: 10:00 Afternoons: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 18:00. The meeting point is at the Puerta de las Caballerizas Reales.
- Los Patios del Palacio de Viana: Tuesday to Saturday. Winter: 5 to 7 p.m. (from September 15 to July 1). The meeting point is at the Puerta del Ayuntamiento.
Patios Festival Route – May
- In this route, which almost goes hand in hand with the “Route of the Patios” you will know how the city prepares in the wonderful month of May, in the first fortnight, where you will enjoy a way of life, declared Intangible Heritage of Humanity since 2012. It is a special route, where the senses must be at 100% during the Festival de los Patios.
- It has a specific schedule only for the first fortnight of May, being the departure time at 17:30 and the meeting point at the Puerta del Ayuntamiento (c/ Capitulares), you will find a companion with a white umbrella.
- On this route you will enjoy spaces, streets and monuments of the last moments of the Andalusian Cordoba, a key period for the 3 religions. You will visit places such as the Alcazar Gardens, the Jewish quarter, the Zoco and the Synagogue.
- It has a duration of 2 hours. Available in winter (September 16 to June 16) from Tuesday to Friday 17:35. Saturdays 9:45 am. And summer (June 17 to September 15) from Tuesday to Saturday 9:45. The meeting point is at the Puerta de la Torre of the Mosque Cathedral, you will find a companion with a white umbrella.
The River Mills Route
- Visit composed of three accessible routes. The monuments on this route are close to each other, where you will observe the typical places of the city and others of natural character, such as the Sotos de la Albolafia. The route runs along a river totally alive and with a path full of history, passing through El camino del Botánico, which offers a natural space where vegetation predominates, combined with other monuments in stone. A route called “Camino Real”, which was opened in the 18th century to communicate Andalusia with the rest of Spain.
- Available all year round: Tuesdays and Sundays 9:45 am. The meeting point is at the Molino de Martos (Avd. de la Ribera).
Route through the Fernandine Churches
- On this route you will discover the Cordoba of the Reconquest, a medieval Christian city. You will visit the churches that were built at that time in the parishes, throughout the 13th century, all of them over ancient mosques, of which some elements are still preserved, such as their minarets.
- You will discover the medieval fortresses, a source of pride for the city of Cordoba. It lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes. Available all year round. 17:30 a 20:00. The meeting point is at the Plaza de las Tendillas.
Visit May Crosses
- You can discover the origin of this tradition, with more than seventeen centuries of history, walking through all the most traditional streets. A festival that stands out for its exaltation of nature, where public spaces, streets and squares of the city take on a great role related to the arrival of spring, being the protagonist the Christian symbol par excellence.
- Available on Fridays April 30 and May 1 and 2. Afternoon: 17:30. It lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes. The meeting point is at the Plaza del Potro.
Private thematic tours
- Finally, Rutas Accesible Córdoba offers tailor-made routes, so you can spend a quiet stay in the city. Either in groups, friends, family or as a couple. Some of the routes are Córdoba Oculta, El Espíritu de Medina Azahara, Los Paisajes de Julio Romero, Ruta Córdoba a la Luz de la Luna and Rutas del Califa.
- On the website you can find information about the characteristics of each route as well as the price per person and available dates and times.
On the website of Rutas Accesibles por Córdoba you can make the reservation you are interested in by filling out a form with your personal data and the route you want to do on a specific date.